£4,000 grant for Greater Birmingham and Solihull businesses to cut carbon & begin the journey to net zero.
Meercat has been selected to help businesses access grant funding to reduce their carbon emissions and become more efficient and profitable.
Energy Saving and Business Efficiency Grants, administered by the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP), can be used to develop an action-focused report that can help pave the way to clean, commercial growth.
Got some questions? Book a 15 minute consultation.
How to access the grant
Meercat are preferred suppliers to GBSLEP and our consultants have many years experience in helping businesses submit applications to publicly-funded grants. This can be confusing and time-consuming, but subject to eligibility, our service can be included in the project costs.
What can the grant be used for?
Energy Saving and Business Efficiency Grants give a total of 80% revenue funding, with a maximum of £4,000 grant funding, including any unrecoverable VAT, towards the costs of a report by an expert consultant. Businesses will be required to contribute at least 20% match-funding and obtain quotations from three consultants.
It can be used to fund the Zero programme with a personal Carbon Coach and the production of a Carbon Reduction Strategy and also includes marketing support, certificates and artwork to help you win new business, meet tender criteria and improve your company image.
The Carbon Reduction Strategy and action plan should include:
- Justification for each recommendation, including analysis of market need, market conditions, business need.
- Business impact – detailing how the recommendation can enable commercial growth for the business.
- Carbon impact – detailing the positive carbon (or wider environmental) impact the intervention will have for the business or on wider society.
- Wider impacts – detailing the impacts on customers, supply chains, innovation, and other benefits.
- Implementation – what will be required to deliver the recommendation, including time, costs and how the recommendation will differ from Business As Usual.
The above should be defined qualitatively and quantitatively and consider the short-term and long-term impacts.
Businesses need to have been trading for at least 3 years and have between 11 and 249 employees. They must also be located in the local authority areas of:
- East Staffordshire
- Cannock Chase
- Wyre Forest
Please be aware that all grant funding is limited, so do get in touch as soon as possible to claim your allocation. Applications are managed on a first come, first served basis. The enquiry form is here.
Who are we?
Meercat is the only procurement consultancy for improving business profits while caring for the planet. We serve those who want to take action in a time of climate crisis and rising costs. Click for more information about us.
To find out if your business is eligible, please call 01444 416529 or book a 15 minute consultation.